Join partners in taking action to #FundEducation and #ShapeTheFuture
Now more than ever, education is crucial to shaping the future we want. The future we hope for. The future we deserve. Education reduces poverty, combats diseases and boosts economic growth. Education fosters equality, strengthens communities, and equips the next generation of leaders with the skills and support to build a more safe and peaceful world. It is one of the most important investments a country can make in its people and its future.
To realize this future, where every child can receive an education, we need the world’s leaders to commit funds to education at the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) Replenishment in early 2018.
GPE’s goal is to reach financing of US$2 billion a year by 2020. To get there, all partners will need to pledge increased financing at the GPE Replenishment:
- Donor governments provide US$3.1 billion over 2018–2020
- Developing country governments allocate 20% of government expenditure to education
- Philanthropic foundations and private sector donors step up their targeted contributions
We need your help to #ShapeTheFuture
- Spread the word How can education #ShapeTheFuture? Why do you believe it’s important to #FundEducation? Post a photo or message on social media to be featured below
- Show your support Update your Facebook profile picture using GPE’s frame SEE TUTORIAL
- Get involved Join a civil society organization’s campaign to call on your country’s leaders to #FundEducation
- Participate in our days of action See how you can take action between now and the GPE Financing Conference February 1-2, 2018!
DAYS OF ACTION
November 02, 2017
3 Month Countdown – Urgent Call to #FundEducation
The countdown to the GPE Financing Conference has begun! World leaders have 3 months to #FundEducation and #ShapeTheFuture for 870 million children
November 20, 2017
Universal Children’s Day
Youth are calling on world leaders to #FundEducation and #ShapeTheFuture for all children. Will you join them?
December 05, 2017
2-Month Countdown: Leaders Call to Action
Attention CEOs, Presidents, Ministers, Director-Generals, Board Members…You wouldn’t be where you are today without a quality education. Do your part by calling on fellow leaders to #FundEducation and #ShapeTheFuture